Friday, July 25, 2014

Manipulating nature.

Does this look natural?
I often come across pictures showing manipulation of nature. So, I don't think that we should do a lot of things, but one of them in particular is manipulating nature. I suppose that this is a hard subject to talk about because it is only human nature to adjust, adapt and manipulate to our own liking. When it comes to the nitty gritty of nature though, I can't turn my head. For example a real part of nature is being manipulated constantly by us. Gardens.

So don't get me wrong. I have studied horticulture, I love a good garden, an indoor plant, a photo of a plant, a herb garden or a pot plant on the windowsill. What I don't like is a piece of art of a flower dipped in dye, flowers dipped in dye, leaves cut in a certain form to manipulate their growth, (bonsai not included) even planting non natives, especially with natives.

I just think that nature is beautiful as it is and we don't need to change it. Nature is beauty, so we need to appreciate what we already see!



KK

No comments: