Thursday, July 3, 2014

What I love about:

Winter!

- Warm gloves, beanies, jackets, boots. Out in the cold this is bliss, being able to rug up and wear such amazing apparel.

- Wearing my hair down! This sounds like a strange one, but I don't often wear my hair down because it gets in the way when I'm working, but in winter its more practical to keep my long hair down to keep me neck warm!

- Bed! In Winter it is completely excusable to use bed as an excuse to save on power to stay warm!

- Food, roasts, veggies, soups, wow my mouth is watering!

- camp-fires, indoor fires, heaters, mmmm, they not only warm me up, but the sound of the crackling wood = utter love!

From Hot chocolate, to Chai, to an Aussie Milo, I also want to try the American favourite - Cider and I did find a lavender hot chocolate I'll have to try! Now foaming at the mouth...

- RAIN! 

- Wind, yes I know I'm a weird one, but I love the sound of the branches cracking and wind howling, especially at night.....

- Fog and foggy breath, there is something sweet about breathing like a dragon while rubbing my hands together in the frost.

I love Winter! I do love all seasons, however Spring and Autumn mostly resemble Winter and the last week in Summer is hot where I live! The only thing I dislike about Winter is snow..... yes you read right. 

First of all I hate the stereotype behind snow. It is such an American Winter/Christmas theme. Here in Australia Winter is in June, July and August (shocking I know... - Pinterest and Facebook is quite annoying this time of year, filled with Summery images from the Northern Hemisphere) and an Australian Winter is very different from an American/Europe Winter. Here It really only snows in the mountains, not in the capital cities or heavy suburban areas. 

Secondly - sport. I am not a fan of Winter, snow sports, I just find them boring.

Third - I am just not keen on snow. it is my opinion and my experience. I don't hate snow, but I don't get the hype.

I am ready to really enjoy the midst of Winter now!

Happy cold times!

KK

No comments: