Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Wicked The Musical!

Heya readers,

I am so excited to write this post today as a huge passion of mine is the theatre. Wicked the musical is the best I have seen and I have been to the theatre quite a few times. I love the atmosphere, all of the work that goes into it, how special it all is, the acting, singing and dancing. It truly brings a story to life!

Wicked.

If you haven't heard of Wicked the musical, what is wrong with you? Ah well, I am here to teach! The musical is based on the book by Gregory Maguire - 'Wicked - The life and times of the wicked witch of the west' - sort of a prequel to the beloved film, 'The Wizard of Oz.

Check out the link: wicked the musical

The three times I have seen the musical (...yes I know, but not enough!) it has stared entertainment sweetheart Lucy Durack as Galinda, (she is gorgeous -
check her out:  http://www.lucydurack.com/) the Australian musical has also starred Jemma Rix as Elphaba Bert Newton as the wizard, Rob Mills and Steve Danielson as Fiyero, Maggie Kirkpatrick and Reg Livermore, Anthony Callea: www.anthonycallea.com and so many more fantastic actors/singers.

 I have been twice with my friend Lauren (left) and we are both big fans of the musical. Although he wasn't in the show this time, Lauren is a huge fan of Rob 'Millsy' Mills: robmills.net.au.
 The musical was at Melbourne's beautiful Regent Theatre and the streets surrounding the theatre were lighted in the green 'Wicked' theme. As you can see, I got my green on and painted my nails and dabbed on the green eyeliner!

 Before the show Lauren and I went to the elephant and wheelbarrow and listened to a country/rock singer and had a pub meal = absolute aussie bliss!
After the pub it got much fancier and I posed for some photos, reapplied my lipstick and squealed, jumping up and down inside, walking up the gorgeous stairs to take our seats. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the show to start - literally!



'Wicked' really is wicked, amazing and wonderful. The story is so imaginative, thrilling and nostalgic with a twist. I don't know what I can say, but I would have to be one of the Musicals biggest fans! I really appreciate how a show comes together bringing the story to life. I love how the songs tell the story and the props and orchestra sets the perfect mood.

Happy theatregoing!

KK

No comments: