Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Knowing yourself

I think that everyone at one point or another loses themselves. They don't know who they are and from personal experience it can be hard to find the way back. I know that this is true for me, because I always find my way back, but I'm sure some people don't.

Now that I am going to uni, (I'm doing zoology by the way...) I have to be someone else, someone I wouldn't normally want to be  - a science-minded logical thinker. But to be a wise person, a good writer, live, you have to do the things that scare you. And becoming someone else does that for me.

I always knew myself, I knew what I wanted, I just didn't know how to get there. I was often told that I couldn't do the greatest things I wanted to do - and those of you who know me will know why... - but I figured out that I can do whatever the b****y H**l I want!

I know myself even better now and I know that those who care about me and those that are looking down on me, would be proud.

Knowing yourself is a completely selfish act, but that's okay.

KK

No comments: