Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Complicated family stuffs

I, like many others, have a complicated family. When we gather, I think that I am the only one that notices the tension. It is an extremely hard thing to do, come together - especially when you can see the obvious splits, fights and distances.

Breaking up is a part of life and I don't know many family's today that don't have some members that have split. It is just much accepted these days. One side of my family is old fashioned and the other is very modern and its strange when we come together because my parents broke up, long ago. I sure am the only one who sees the subtle pang of anger between my parents when they come together. I was oddly always okay with my parents divorce. It was the remarrying for my mother that bothered me for a while because I then became a part of another family - which these days does not feel extended at all. Eventually these things feel normal. But when certain people in my family come together, I can't help but to feel awkward. It must be that I am sensitive to peoples emotions, but I am bombarded with guilt and anger when I don't have to feel this way.

I still love my family though,

KK

No comments: