Monday, May 13, 2013

Some pet peeves of mine...

So I can't finish a conversation without saying goodbye. It is one of my pet peeves when someone just logs off of facebook in the middle of a conversation or when someone is trying to avoid someone else and just walks off. It all comes down to etiquette, but I just think its rude not to finish a convo on good terms. I mean I don't care if your tired or upset, I think we should always be polite regardless of mood or interest in the party.

Now I don't always follow etiquette. It is actually another one of my pet peeves. I mean why should people have to apply to certain rules and have certain manners. Yes, please and thank you is good, but crossing your legs a certain way and using the right fork for a salad is just... wrong. If you know me, you know that there are some things I can't do due to a physical disability, however general (not even strict) etiquette rules prevent me from being a proper young lady. Things like using a straw in certain cups or drinks - um I have no choice in that sometimes and don't get me started on the proper way to eat, carrying food and drink, sipping, wine tasting, etc.

All I am saying is that although society could do with a few rules, it could also benefit from restricting a few rules, that when put down to it, discriminate some people.

Rant over,

KK

No comments: