Monday, September 15, 2014

It's not just me right?

"No one studies in the morning."

"It is very common to have those symptoms."

"I did that too."

I DON'T CARE! I want to be special....

Yes I study in the morning because otherwise I feel crappy the rest of the day. I also don't feel at all reassured when my doctor tells me that 'everyone gets this way...' SO? But the one that ticks me off most of all - 'I did that too,' 'everyone does that,' 'it was hard, but I got in too' - then why the hell am I doing it???

So the way my brain works is - originality all the way! So when I think that I am doing something special or I have a different illness (yes cue the eye roll) or I talk to someone who pretends it was hard to do something that I found incredibly hard (and proud) to do!

So this all really comes down to hard work and changing things - now don't get me wrong, if I have the common cold, I don't have a hissy fit about how its 'so unoriginal'..... that would be too Lorelai Gilmore... (Watch Gilmore Girls), but I feel that these comments that people make are not only ignorant, but attempting to make people feel worse - after all it isn't very positive being referred to as average, boring or common...

Doesn't everyone want to feel special? When you are sick, don't you want people to say 'Oh no, I hope you feel better soon, can I do anything,' not 'Oh that's going around at the moment, everyone has  it....' duh???

Basically we have to do things for ourselves - if a routine doesn't work for you, change it. If 200 people go to uni to become a teacher because it is 'easy....' - don't... and don't get me started on teachers.

I think this will do for now,

KK

No comments: