Saturday, August 24, 2013

Grief never escapes you, but that's okay

So I haven't been blogging for a while because of well, grief, stress, that sort of stuff. But if there is one thing that you should know about me, it's that I can always pick myself up. I can go through meds, doctors, therapy, but in the end it is always my mind just switching and pulling myself out of my rut.

My Aunt recently passed away and every-time someone in my life passes, I think of everyone else who has left me behind, and that makes me so much sadder. Don't get me wrong, I get that people die and we have to move on, but a part of me does feel empty.

My Nana also passed away earlier this year and as it was her sister who just passed recently, I have been in absolute agony over the fact that I didn't spend enough time with them, its not quite regret, in my books, I am just straining myself trying to make everyone proud and when someone disappears from my life, I tend to infuse in the energy I had around them and my emotions sky-rocket. In a way, these emotions make me strive and although it may look like I am destroying myself, with tears, sleepless nights, anger, getting lost and overdoing things, I know that soon, my mind will switch, and pull me back up.

If you have been reading my blogs for a while now, you will probably know of one of my first encounters with grief - Adam Ruble. To recap, here is the post that I blogged about him.

http://kkspassion.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/rest-in-peace-adam-ruble.html

I have been on pinterest for a while now and in my current state of mind, I (stupidly? I don't know...) came across the following video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=gCHI75k1MJE

How bright am I? But you know what? Screw any therapy, meds or docs, I'll be 'right!

KK

No comments: