Sunday, August 25, 2013

As scientists we don't observe much.

The black and white of being a scientist is to observe our surroundings and report on it. But I can't think of a single scientist - including students, doctors, vets, that really observe. Yes they observe one thing, focus on the material they need to concentrate on, but its as if we don't have surroundings, air, the sun, the room we are in.

All I'm saying is that a lot of people interested in science are different from the rest. I can't say - as I grow older - where I stand on the scientific mind, but up until today, I feel that it is a lost profession. Most, certainly not all, scientists are so lost and unobservant, but the people that I have dealt with before, honestly don't seem like they are really living to me.

Look, I am not going to get into the right and left brain debate - because personally I don't believe it, a blog for another time perhaps... - but the real analytical thinkers, the science people, Sheldon Cooper, you guys just don't seem to interpret, well... life!

KK

No comments: