Monday, June 3, 2013

Why do we need to push ourselves until we burst?

I recently just joined the gym. I know, that sentence will haunt me forever, because I have always believed in getting naturally beautiful just by doing the everyday. However, I joined because I also recently moved and there is no where to get fit naturally in this area. (Actually, that's a lie, I'm sure there is, I'm just exaggerating to justify my gym joining reasons...)

But my problem with the gym is that its kind of a cult. Telling us we aren't beautiful unless we are our fittest selves. Well in a sense this is true, but it does send the wrong message. Although where I'm concerned I do prefer fit people to be with so that they can keep up with me!

On another note, some phrases that I can't stand where fitness is concerned are as follows:

Feel the burn? - Um... we don't touch fire for a reason.

Train through the pain??

Attitude is a little thing between fitness success and fitness failure.... I have a strong attitude towards fitness and I'm fit????

We don't need to push ourselves to , well isn't the goal to impress others? Doing a little exercise feels good, but ultimately we do go to gyms to make others see us better.... think about that.

Don't get me started on dieting or personal trainers,

KK

No comments: